11.01.2007

Hello All – It is so great to share a few words with you this week. I was wondering what I should talk about – the new movie coming out in December that every parent should be warned about, new insight I gained on MySpace, hightlights from a field trip SEAL Team took to the nursing home, the two great ministry/mission projects K-5 kids are working on, new and exciting things to come in our Sunday pre-school ministry or the awesome new Upward Basketball ministry starting up. Well, I was exhausted just thinking about it and then realized what I should share with you.

If you are like me, your days are filled with a variety of things and many responsibilities and it seems to be true no matter what stage of life you are in. Days seem to be filled to the max, trying to squeeze every ounce out of the day. The down side is, that so often we get busy doing stuff and going places. Although, doing stuff and going places isn’t bad, but I have decided to ask myself, why? Why am I doing all this stuff? Why am I going all these places? Then I ask what would I rather be doing?

I ‘d rather sit and just talk and enjoy other’s more. First, I think of prayer and the time I talk with God, how often that time feels rushed. Or maybe it is the time with Randy, not only does it feel rushed, it gets boiled down to necessity because time is short as we run here and there. Does he know how much he means to me and how much I love him? Or, maybe it’s the time with Megan and Scott. Do they feel heard? Really heard? I often wonder if they leave a conversation satisfied. Do they know mommy loves them? Or maybe it’s my friends? Do I seem distracted and rushed during our time together? I realized, it is hard to shine the love of Jesus in a few seconds of running here and there and while it can be done – did I really want to do it that way? No. So I am choosing differently these days.

No comments: